DRIED PRUNES, D´AGEN VARIETY – SPECIFICATIONS
1. Product Dried prunes, d’Agen variety, pitted, with Potassium Sorbate.
2. Production process The fresh plums are washed, classified and dried in furmaces with hot air or by sun exposure. Then the dried prunes are classified by size, washed, selected and tenderised. A safe and suitable preservative may be added and packaged. Similar Ashlock system type is used for pitting.
3. Ingredients Dried prunes 100 %
Potassium Sorbate Max. 1000 ppm
4. Sensorial properties Appearance Clean, dry, sound
Taste / Odor Typical
5. Chemical / physical properties Moisture 30- 32 %
Size/Calibration A-pitted: 30/40-40/50-50/60-60/70-70/80-80/90 before pitting
6. Defects (all to be considered as maximally to be tolerated values) May be damaged or affected by: off-color, poor texture, fermentation, scars, heat damage, NOT MORE THAN A TOTAL OF 5%.
Mold and Decay Max. 1 %
Mineral and metal foreign matters Not allowed
Organic impurities (seeds, pieces of seed) Max. 1 % (including max. 0.5% pieces of seed)
Insect Infestation Not allowed in any form including traces of their activity (eggs, cocoons, web)
7. Microbiological properties (CFU per 1 g if not defined otherwise) Staphylococcus aureus Not allowed
Salmonella (in 25gr) Not allowed
Enterobacteriaceae( max per 0.1gr) Not allowed
Mold No more than 50CFU per 1 gr.
Yeast No more 50 CFU per 1 gr.
8. Mycotoxines Aflatoxines B1 Not allowed
Ochratoxin max. 0.0005 ppm
Sum of B1+B2+G1+G2 Not allowed
aacyclo HCH (α,βγ isomers) 0.5 mg/kg
9. Pesticides in mg/kg dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane and its metabolites 0.1
Strontium – 90 not more than 150bk/kg
10. Radionuclides in bk/kg Cesium – 137 not more than 200bk/kg
Mercury mg/kg max 0.02
11. Toxic elements Lead mg/kg max 0.40
Cadmium mg/kg max0.03
Arsenic mg/kg max 0.20
12. Gene engineering componentry objects Not allowded
13. Shelf life 18 months (dry and fresh place, 70% relative humidity)